At Columbia Asia Hospitals, we offer a comprehensive approach to treatment of cancer and ensure that our patients receive the best and latest treatments available. Medical and surgical oncologists work together seamlessly to provide a treatment plan specifically designed for each patient. The multidisciplinary team of specialists from different departments work with the oncology team to ensure good outcomes and enable our patients to enjoy a better quality of life.
Why Columbia Asia Hospital
- A Team of highly qualified and experienced Oncologists practice evidence-based medicine and follow international treatment protocols to provide the highest standards of care.
- Columbia Asia Hospitals' Department of Oncology has modern infrastructure and support from other super-specialties such as Neurology, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Gynecology, ENT, Urology, Imaging, Histopathology and Laboratory services that enables the hospital to provide a comprehensive multidisciplinary care.
- Oncologists who are trained in some of the best institutes in India and abroad to manage all types of cancers
- Equipped with the advanced equipment and technology
- Offers wide range of treatment options
- Expertise in identifying and customizing the best possible treatment plan by involving the patient and the family in decision making
Range of services includes:
- SURGICAL ONCOLOGY: The department is specialized to surgically treat complex site-specific cancers such as Head and Neck, Thoracic, Breast, Gastro intestinal tract, Genitourinary, Bone, Soft tissue and Gynecological malignancies.
- MEDICAL ONCOLOGY: Multidisciplinary program focuses on the treatment and prevention of solid tumors and hematological neoplasms. Our team uses Molecular Targeted Therapy as part of a multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatment which is considered as the future of cancer treatment. Specialized day-care facilities are available to undertake chemotherapy using advanced methods to administer chemotherapy including the use of catheters and ports.
- BONE MARROW TRANSPLANTATION: The department manages all types of hematological cancers, through chemotherapy and also performs Autologous and Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplantation
- COUNSELING: The patient and relatives are counseled with care and compassion, they are explained about the various options available for treatment, the expected complications and risks involved with each option and benefits of each option, so that the treatment can be planned along with the patient.
- POST TREATMENT CARE: Managing post treatment complications as out-patients or in-patients, depending upon the patient’s condition and to ensure that the patients can resume their normal life.
What you can expect from our oncologists?
- An accurate assessment of your problem
- Realistic appraisal of the benefits of treatment (such as cure, chances of recurrence, control of the tumor, relief of symptoms)
- Expertise in the latest treatment options available
- The appropriate skills to explain your condition and your treatment options to you and your family
- Willingness to answer your questions regarding your cancer, its treatment and prognosis
- Knowledge and skills to be able to deal with any symptoms you may have related to the cancer or the treatment
- Commitment to coordinate your care with your local doctors (e.g. surgeon, GP) and other health care professionals