Whitefield - Doctors
Dr. Vidya Jagadeesan
MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine), Infectious Disease Fellowship, Medical Microbiology Fellowship
Consultant - Infectious Diseases
Dr Vidya Jagadeesan is the Consultant Infectious Diseases at Columbia Asia Hospital, Whitefield. She ensures timely interpretation, reporting and authorization of specimen results. She has been involved in many quality improvement programs such as COPD admission orderset with co-residents after thorough review of evidence based practices. The orderset was also geared towards addressing causes of re-admission.
Other quality improvement programs included Streamlined ED to ICU admission pilot protocol implementation and Morning report quality improvement initiative to improve the overall attendance and quality of resident morning reports. She is also involved in laboratory quality assurance program and contributes to continuing education in microbiology and hospital infection control. She is involved in clinical research and has published papers in national and international journals.
- Infectious diseases
- Hospital infection control
- Hospital infections quality improvement programs
Total Experience: Over 10 Years
- Dr Vidya Jagadeesan is the Consultant Infectious Diseases at Columbia Asia Hospital, Whitefield
- She was the Fellow, Medical Microbiology, University of Utah for a period of 1 year, prior to which she was the Fellow, Infectious Disease, University of Utah for 2 years
- She was associated with Greater Baltimore Medical Centre, Baltimore, Maryland as Chief Resident, Internal medicine Residency
- She was the Junior Hospitalist, Fortis Hospital, Bangalore, in 2009