Whitefield - Doctors
Dr. Praveen CR
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), DMAS , FALS -HPB, FACRSI
Consultant - General and Laparoscopic Surgery
Dr Praveen CR did his post-graduation (MS - General Surgery) from Command hospital air-force, Bangalore in 2007 and has acquired good skill sets in open and minimally invasive (laparoscopic) surgery. He has done his Diploma in minimal access surgery from World laparoscopy hospital, Delhi.
He has worked with eminent General and GI surgeons of the Armed Forces and Indian Air Force. He is expertised in handling abdominal surgical emergencies (the acute abdomen) brings reliability to the emergency and out of hours surgical work. The surgical mentors he has trained with have given him a very high grade for his surgical abilities. He was part of the GI surgery team in a tertiary care center of a medical college in Nepal and published various papers during this tenure. He is working in Columbia Asia Hospital , Whitefield since 2014 . He is a active member of the GI surgery team in Whitefield, along with general and laparoscopic surgery.
He is a member of the world association of laparoscopic surgeons (WALS). He has a Fellowship in endoscopy and advanced laparoscopy in Hepato-biliary pancreatic surgery from the Indian association of gastro-intestinal and endoscopic surgeons of India (IAGES) and a Fellowship in colo-rectal surgery awarded by the Association of colon and rectal surgeons of India (ACRSI).
- General Surgery
- Minimal Access Surgery
- GI Surgery
Total Experience: Over 11 Years
- Dr Praveen CR is associated with Columbia Asia Hospital, Whitefield as Consultant General and Laparoscopic Surgeon.
- As Senior registrar in Muthoot advanced laparoscopy centre, Kerala ( 7 months )
- As Assistant professor in PESIMSR (medical college) Kuppam from April 2008 till July 2009.
- As Lecturer in Department of surgery and gastroenterology COLLEGE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, BHARATPUR , NEPAL from September 2009 to February 2013.
- As Assistant professor in KIMS medical college Bangalore from September 2013 to May 2014.