Whitefield - Infectious Diseases
Infectious Disease department at Columbia Asia Hospital – Whitefield, Bangalore deals with deals with infections of all systems. It is an emerging medical specialty and has gained importance due to the emergence of Multi-drug resistant (MDR) organisms.
The infectious disease (ID) department provides clinical care to patients both for inpatients and outpatients. Besides this, the ID consultant also monitors the rate of infections within the hospital and its patients. The department also provides a travel medicine clinic that advices patients regarding the medications and vaccinations needed before travel.
The hospital offers Antibiotic Stewardship Program and enforces rational use of antibiotics under the guidance of the Infectious Disease specialist and the infection control team. It also provides protocols and procedures to ensure the patients and employees are kept safe from healthcare associated infections (HCAI).
Treatments and Procedures
- Diagnosis and treatment of severe infections requiring ICU or ward admissions and monitoring the source of infection
- Infections in immuno-compromised patients
- Management of fever/pyrexia of unknown origin (PUO)
- Chronic infections by rare organisms
- Management of communicable diseases like tuberculosis, malaria , dengue, chikungunia, gastroenteritis, cholera and H1N1
- Monitoring the use of higher antibiotics
- Travel related infections, treatment and prevention
- Adult vaccinations including those mandatory for travel and country specific immunization requirements
- Health care associated infections (HCAI) surveillance and management
- Management of adverse effects related to antibiotics
- Investigation of outbreaks in healthcare facility / community
- Immunizations for child, adults and elderly
- Travel associated advise