Pune - Internal Medicine
The Department of Internal Medicine at Columbia Asia Hospital – Pune is dedicated to excellence in patient care and education.
Our physicians provide evidence based medicine and management of ailments is done as per internationally accepted protocols that lead to improved health outcomes. Internal medicine not only provides curative care but also preventive care and education through out-patient clinics and comprehensive health checks. The consultants are especially skilled in the management of those who have multiple ailments, geriatric or elderly patients and multi system disorders where coordination of care between several specialists is imperative.
The department of internal medicine focuses on educating and treating patients regarding common lifestyle disease like diabetes and hypertension. The department is also actively engaged in promoting preventive health care among the community and corporate by participating in clinics and health talks.
Treatments and Procedures
- Disease risk assessment, investigations and management
- Treatment of acute and chronic illnesses like digestive disorders asthma, pneumonia, and other lung disorders.
- Treatment of communicable diseases like tuberculosis, typhoid and gastro enteritis
- Common ailments like sore throat, cold and flu, headaches, ear infections, urinary tract infections, allergies and hepatitis
- Medical management of chronic diseases like obesity, metabolic syndrome, lipid disorders
- Management of lifestyle diseases like hypertension, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases
- Medical management of geriatric patients
- Health checks for adults, including high risk groups like diabetics
- Pre-operative assessment and management of patients undergoing surgery
Tags: Internal Medicine, Diabetes, Tuberculosis, Asthma, Hypertension, Flu, Sore Throat, Typhoid, Communicable Diseases, Cold, Hepatitis A, B, Allergies, Headaches, Columbia Asia Hospital Pune