Pune - Gastroenterology
The Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Columbia Asia Hospital – Pune has a highly skilled team of Gastroenterologists. The specialty offers a wide range of treatment options to both pediatric and adult patients having liver, gall bladder, esophagus, stomach and intestinal, pancreatic diseases and nutritional problems.
A multi-disciplinary team involving medical, surgical and radiological expertise perform procedures like Transjugular Intra hepatic Porto systemic Shunts (TIPS), transjugular liver biopsy and Trans-arterial chemotherapy.
The department of gastroenterology is well supported by round the clock laboratory, ICU, radiology and emergency services to ensure patients receive highest level of care in a timely manner.
Treatments and Procedures
- Diagnostic gastroscopy and colonoscopy
- Balloon enteroscopy
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Liver Biopsy – routine, transjugular biopsies and hepatic portal vein gradient measurements (HVPG).
- Placement of feeding tubes –gastrostomy (PEG) and jejunostomy tubes.
- Transjugular Intra hepatic Porto systemic Shunts (TIPS)
- Trans-arterial chemotherapy.