Palam Vihar - Obstetrics & Gynecology
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Columbia Asia Hospital – Palam Vihar, Gurgaon has a team of well qualified and experienced consultants, some of whom have trained and worked in leading hospitals in India and abroad.
Practice of evidence based medicine and use of internationally accepted protocols is the hallmark of the services of this department. Obstetricians are available round the clock and handle high risk pregnancies with the support of well trained, experienced nurses and intensive care unit with all the required equipment. A pediatrician is present for all deliveries to handle any new born emergency.
The Obstetrics and Gynecology department offers a special pregnancy support program called Columbia Venus that allows the mother to enjoy the experience of childbirth, while everything else is taken care of by the experts right from pre-conception counseling, antenatal care to post-natal services. In addition, the specialized birthing centers provide a comfortable environment with easy access to essential medical equipment.
Preventive checks are provided to various age groups. The hospital also has special health check programs to screen and diagnose chronic diseases like diabetes, hypertension, cancers, etc.
Treatments and Procedures
- Management of dysfunctional uterine bleeding and other menstrual disorders
- Management of polycystic ovarian disease, fibroids, endometriosis, etc
- Minimally invasive hysterectomy (removal of uterus)
- Laparoscopic assisted tubal anastomosis for blocked tubes or reversal of tubectomy /sterilization operation
- Infertility services
- Care of the pregnant woman: comprehensive pre-natal care, exclusive labour suites, 24 hr surgical capability and anesthesia support, complete maternal and fetal monitoring , immediate access to Neonatal ICU, etc.
- Multidisciplinary care if needed in associated cardiac, mental, renal and general medical problems.
- Multi-disciplinary care for co management of high risk pregnancies with endocrinologist, physician, anesthetist, ultra sonologist, etc
High risk pregnancy including
- Diabetes in pregnancy
- Pre-eclampsia and hypertensive disorder
- Previous pregnancy loss and recurrent pregnancy loss
- Preterm labor and delivery
- Pregnancy with cardiac problems
- Pregnancy with any medical disorder
- Management of Dysfunctional uterine Bleeding and other menstrual disorders
- Management of Polycystic Ovarian disease, fibroids, endometriosis, etc
- Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy (removal of uterus)
- Laparoscopic Assisted Tubal Anastomosis for blocked tubes or reversal of tubectomy /sterilization operation
- Laparoscopic ligation/sterilization
- Laparoscopic surgery for diagnosis and treatment of ectopic pregnancy
- Surgery for cancers of the female reproductive system
- Screening for cervical cancers
- Uro- gynaecology
- Evaluation and management of endocrine disorders (eg: prolactin, thyroid).
Tags: Obstetrics, Gynecology, Uterine Bleeding, Polycystic Ovarian, Hysterectomy, Menstrual Disorders, Ovarian Diseases, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Infertility Services, Laparoscopic, Tubectomy, Removal of Uterus, Columbia Asia Hospital Pune