Mysore - Dermatology
Columbia Asia Hospital – Mysore has a well established Department of Dermatology and Cosmetology with highly qualified consultants. The focus is on evidence-based care following international protocols for quality and safety of patients. The consultants have the expertise to treat a wide spectrum of disease conditions ranging from acne to skin cancers.
The department also provides care for patients with sexually transmitted diseases. Most of the care is provided on an outpatient basis, however, in the case of dermatological emergencies like Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, the department provides care in the inpatient or ICU setting.
The department also provides a wide range of cosmetic services for patients in all age groups and performs procedures for removal of tattoos, scars, excessive hair and warts. Chemical peels and microdermabrasion for scars, striae and skin rejuvenation are also offered.
Treatments and Procedures
- Treatment for adult and paediatric acne, eczema, psoriasis and vitiligo
- Management of hair/nail disorders
- Treatment of inflammatory skin disorders
- Treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Screening of skin cancers
- Cosmetic procedures for skin tightening, freckles and lentigines
- Botox treatment for wrinkles and fillers for nasolabial folds
- Cosmetic peels for melasma, acne and hyperpigmentation
- Collagen replacement therapy for frown lines, acne scars, cheek depressions, vertical lip lines, marionette lines, worry lines, crow's feet, smile lines and face scars,
- Electrofulguration for warts, skin tags, DPN ( Dermatosis Papulosa Nigra)