Hebbal - Orthopedics & Orthopedic Surgery
The Department of Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery at Columbia Asia Hospital – Hebbal, Bangalore offers diagnostic and therapeutic services for the management of disorders of bones, joints and associated structures. The team of highly qualified and experienced surgeons are known for their skill in performing joint replacement surgeries and keyhole surgeries.
The services offered include medical and surgical care for bone and joint problems resulting from injuries, infections, nutritional or metabolic disorders. Hip and knee replacement surgeries, treatment for degenerative disc disease leading to disc herniation (slipped disc) are performed with extremely successful outcomes in a dedicated operating room. Children with genetic diseases, aberrations in growth, development and age related degenerative processes are also treated by the department. Orthopedic surgeons are part of the trauma team that is available round the clock to treat polytrauma patients.
The department is supported by a radiological suite with X-ray and imaging facilities. Physiotherapy and rehabilitation services are available to restore the health and functional abilities of people after spinal cord disorders and injuries, amputation, joint replacement, sports injuries, fractures and ligament injuries.
Treatments and Procedures
- Joint Replacement surgeries of knee and hip (TKR and THR)
- Revision knee and hip replacement surgeries
- Trauma and fracture surgeries
- Shoulder surgeries
- Management of arthritis
- Treatment of osteomyelitis
- Keyhole surgeries such as arthroscopic Ligament reconstruction (ACL), meniscus and chondral surgeries
- Management of open fractures, limbs lengthening using Ilizarov method
- Fusion of joints (Arthrodesis)
- Disc surgery, fusion surgeries for spine instability.
- Surgery for correction of spinal deformities like scoliosis and spondylolisthesis
- Paediatric orthopedic surgeries for clubfoot, congenital hip dysplasia, bone and joint infection management
- Management of juvenile arthritis and metabolic bone disorders