Sarjapur Road - Doctors
Dr. Radhika V Kumar
MBBS, MRCP (General Medicine Medicine), MRCP in Diabetes and Endocrinology
Consultant - Endocrinology
Dr Radhika is a specialist in Internal Medicine with wide super specialist experience in Endocrinology & diabetes. She had a distinguished academic career, after completing undergraduate training in Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, she worked in public service for 2 years .
She then proceeded to the United Kingdom for further training. She completed training in General Internal medicine in Ninewells Hospital, NHS Tayside, Dundee and in Perth Royal Infirmary, NHS Tayside, Perth, Scotland, UK and gained extensive experience in various medical specialities and acquired MRCP (UK – GIM) – Royal college of Physicians (RCP -London, Glasgow, Edinburgh).
She has experience in clinical research, having worked as a Clinical Research fellow in prestigious Vascular Disease research - Stroke Unit at University of Dundee, Tayside, Scotland. She had been a sub- investigator in multi centric randomised controlled trials during this period.
She developed interest in Diabetes & Endocrinology and did her extensive specialty and sub specialty training in Diabetes & Endocrinology in NHS Tayside, Dundee, Scotland, UK and in NHS Grampian, Aberdeen and acquired MRCP (Endocrinology& Diabetes) Royal college of Physicians (RCP - London, Glasgow and Edinburgh).
On returning to India, she worked as a Consultant Endocrinologist and Physician at other corporate hospitals and established the Centre of Obesity, Diabetes and Endocrine department. She joined our elite Columbia Asia Hospital group in October 2017. She is specially interested in obesity management especially in those who are morbidly obese. She is a professional who values ethics and practices evidence based medicine and follows international and national protocols in patient management. Her passion is to make care accessible to the needy at an affordable cost and with excellent clinical outcomes.
- Management of Diabetes Mellitus in all ages
- Electrolyte Problems
Total Experience: Over 17 Years - General Medicine | 9 Years in Endocrinology & Diabetes
- Senior Consultant Endocrinologist & Physician, Apollo Specialty Hospitals, Jayanagar Branch, Bangalore
- Consultant Physician, Diabetologist & Endocrinologist, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, NHS Grampian for 2013 September 2012 to August 2013
- Specialty Registrar in Diabetes & Endocrinology and General (I) Medicine, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, NHS Grampian from August 2008 to August 2012
- Specialist Registrar in Diabetes & Endocrinology and General (I) medicine, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, NHS Tayside, from August 2007 to July 2008
- Specialty Trainee in General(I) Medicine, Perth Royal Infirmary, Perth NHS Tayside from February 2007 to July 2007
- Senior House Officer in Respiratory Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, NHS Tayside September 2006 to January 2007
- Clinical Research Fellow, Stroke Unit, Cardiovascular Research Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, NHS Tayside from August 2005 to August 2006
- Senior House Officer in Cardiology, Vascular medicine and Stroke unit, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, NHS Tayside from February 2005 to July 2005
- Junior House Officer in Medicine, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, NHS Tayside from July 2004 to January 2005