Sarjapur Road - Doctors
Dr. Prasanna B S
MBBS, MD (Anesthesiology), PDCC (Pain)
Consultant – Anesthesiologist
Dr Prasanna is a specialist in Anesthesiology with a distinguished academic career, which laid a strong foundation giving him a broad insight into the subject as he acquired all the necessary skills to deal with the vast and challenging problems encompassing the field.
He has experience in giving anesthesia for both emergency and elective surgeries. He has handled a spectrum of cases that require resuscitation, invasive and non-invasive monitoring, use of advanced workstations and ventilator management.
He has excellent clinical skills in management of diverse cases neuro surgical cases like brain tumors, posterior fossalesions, pediatric neurosurgery, neuro trauma, spinal surgery and neurovascular surgeries. He has the experience of providing anesthesia services in radiology suites and ECT rooms. Can also perform emergency intubations, central lines, arterial lines, CPR, therapeutic ICD, Lumbar punctures.
Has expertise in providing anesthesia for oncosurgery, urology and plastic surgery.His special interest is in chronic pain management and usage of ultrasound for regional anesthesia. Another area of interest is labour analgesia and airway management. As interventional pain specialist, he has performed many procedures like epidural steroid injections, neurolytic blocks, IMS etc with excellent results. He is a professional who values ethics and practices evidence based medicine and follows international and national protocols in patient management.
He has attended and particiapted in the following seminars:
- Participated in Advanced regional anaesthesia and ultrasound workshop held on 8th and 9th August - Participated In Advanced Regional Anaesthesia And Ultrasound Workshop Held On 8th And 9th August 2009 At Hyderabad, India.
- Attended The 24th Annual National Conference Of Indian Society For Study Of Pain, 2009 Held At Hyderabad From 6th To 8th February 2009. Also Attended Usg Guided Workshop Held At The Same Place.
- Attended The “Hands On Cadaver Workshop-Basics &Advanced” And Conference Of “Global Update On Pain (Iv)” Heldat Mumbai From 12th To 15th November 2009.
- Conducted C.M.E / Workshop On Chronic Pain Management Held On 18th January 2010 At Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences, Bangalore.
- Attended The “Fellowship Program In Pain Management” Heldat Daradia-The Pain Clinic, Kolkata From 14th To 26th December 2009.
- Labour Analgesia
- Airway Management and Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy
- Interventional Pain Managem
Total Experience: Over 11 Years
- Junior Consultant in Anaesthesiology and Pain medicine at Columbia Asia Hospital, Bangalore from 07 Nov 2012 till date
- Fellow in interventional pain management at Sir Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi from 04 June 2012 to 30 Sep 2012
- Junior Consultant in Anaesthesiology at Sagar hospitals, Bangalore from 09 September 2010 to03 June 2012
- Asst prof/ConsultantAnaesthesiologist.(Super specialties) at Vydehi institute of medical sciences& hospital. Bangalore10 Apr 2008 to 08 September 2010
- Assistant Professor In Anaesthesiology at Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College.Kolar. (Deemed University).R.L.Jalappa Hospitals from 16 August2007 to 09April 2008.
- Senior Resident Anaesthesiology at National Institute of Mental Healthand Neurosciences [Deemed university] Bangalore from 24 Nov 2006 to 15 Aug 2007
- Junior resident(Post Graduate Trainee) Anaesthesiology at Jawaharlal Nehru Medicalcollege,Belgaum,India from 24 Nov 2003 to 17 Nov 2006