Sarjapur Road - Doctors
Dr. Mohan Kumar HN
MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Cardiology)
Consultant – Interventional Cardiologist
Dr Mohan Kumar is currently a consultant in interventional cardiology at Columbia Asia hospital, Sarjapur road, Bangalore. He completed his basic graduation in 2005, from the prestigious Bangalore medical college and Research institute, Bangalore, Karnataka. Following this, he pursued post graduate medical degree (MD) in internal medicine from Government medical college, Surat in 2008. He worked as consultant physician in various hospitals in Bangalore for a period of 2 years. He then pursued his carrier interest in cardiology and obtained Doctorate (DM) degree from prestigious institute, GB pant hospital, Delhi. He worked in the same institute after obtaining DM degree before relocating to Bangalore. He worked as associate consultant cardiology at Sakra world hospital Bangalore. Later he worked as consultant interventional cardiologist at Chinmaya Narayana Superspeciality center, for 2 years before joining Columbia Asia Sarjapur road.
He is proficient in evaluation and management of acute and chronic cardiac diseases, arrhythmias and cardiac emergencies. He has special interest in preventive cardiology, acute myocardial infarction management, complex coronary interventions and heart failure management. He has experience of performing large number of interventional procedures including complex coronary interventions.
He had a distinguished academic career, which has given him a broad insight into the subject of cardiology as he acquired all the necessary skills to deal with the vast and challenging problems encompassing the field. He is a regular faculty in many national and international conferences and presented research papers. He is a life time member of cardiological society of India (CSI).
He is a professional who values ethics and practices evidence based medicine and follows international and national protocols in patient management. His asset is the care and compassion with which he treats the patient.
- Preventive cardiology
- Primary angioplasty for acute myocardial infarction
- Complex coronary intervention-Left main, graft, chronic total occlusion interventions, bifurcations, rotational atherectomy.
- IVUS, OCT and FFR assisted interventions
- Device implantations-pacemakers, ICD and CRTD
- Device closure for ASD, PDA and VSD.
- Balloon valvotomies-Mitral, Pulmonary and aortic
- Peripheral vascular interventions-arterial and venous
- Alcohol septal ablation for HOCM
Total Experience: Over 8 Years
- Consultant interventional cardiology, Chinmaya Narayana superspeciality center, Bangalore from December 2015 till November.
- Associate consultant, Sakra world hospital, Bangalore, from October 2014 till November 2015
- Post DM Senior Resident Department of Cardiology, GB PANT Hospital, NEW DELHI
- Senior Registrar, Department of Cardiology, GB PANT Hospital from August 2011 to July 2014
- Senior Registrar, Senior Resident, Department of medicine, GMCS, Surat. from June 2009 to
- July 2009
- Resident- (MD Medicine) Government medical college, Surat, Gujarat from June 2006 to May 2009