Sarjapur Road - Doctors
Dr. Bharath S P
MBBS, DNB (General Surgery), MRCS (Edinburgh), MCh (Plastic Surgery)
Consultant – Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon
Dr Bharath is a specialist in Plastic and reconstructive surgery, with a distinguished academic career, which laid a strong foundation giving him a broad insight into the subject as he acquired all the necessary surgical skills to deal with the vast and challenging problems encompassing the field of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
He has a vast experience in handling both emergency and elective plastic surgeries. Spectrum of cases include traumatic limb injuries with replantation and revascularization surgeries, nerve repairs, vascular injuries, functional and reconstructive surgeries of hand and maxillofacial injuries. Microvascular surgery has been his area of special focus, particularly for post trauma and cancer reconstruction.
He has a special interest in cosmetic surgery and has performed liposuction, abdominoplasties, breast enhancement and reduction, breast lift, rhinoplasties and facial cosmetic surgeries. He is adept at treating various congenital malformations including cleft lip and palate.
He has been a Principal investigator in the study titled “Factors influencing the healing and outcome in surgical conditions of Hand” conducted in the Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand surgery, St. Martha’s Hospital, Bangalore from 2002 – 2005.
He is a professional who values ethics and practices evidence based medicine and follows international and national protocols in patient management.
- Microvascular surgeries for post trauma and cancer reconstruction
- Cosmetic surgeries
Total Experience: Over 12 Years
- Consultant and Head, Department of Plastic Surgery, Sparsh Super specialty Hospital, Yeshwanthpur, Bangalore from April 2014 to October 2017
- Consultant, Department of Plastic Surgery, Yashomati Hospital , Chinmaya Mission Hospital, Bangalore from March 2011 to November 2014
- Department of Plastic, Reconstructive Surgery and Burns, St. John’s National Academy of Health Sciences, Bangalore from July 2005 to February 2011
- Department of Plastic Surgery and Department of General Surgery, St Martha’s Hospital from April 2001 to May 2002