Pune - Doctors
Dr. Harshal Rajekar
MBBS, MS(General Surgery), DNB (General Surgery), Fellowship (GI, HPB), Fellowship (HPB & Liver), Visiting Fellow
Consultant - Hepatobiliary and Gastro-Intestinal Surgery
Dr Rajekar is a hepatobiliary, GI and transplant surgeon. He formally completed his training in transplant and HPB surgery in Singapore, New Zealand and New York.
After returning to India he was a faculty at PGIMER, Chandigarh, where he was instrumental in setting up the institute’s liver transplant program. He returned to Pune and set up the liver transplant program at Ruby Hall. He was instrumental boosting cadaveric organ donation in Pune post 2012.
He is specially trained at complex GI surgery and his special area of expertise is in liver and pancreatic cancer, portal hypertension and complications of GI surgery. He has numerous publications in both national and international indexed journals.
- Liver cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Gall bladder cancer
- Obstructive jaundice
- Gastro-intestinal oncosurgery
- Pseudomyoma peritnei
- Portal hypertension (EHPVO, NCPF)
- Chronic panceatitis
- Transplant surgery
Total Experience: Over 13 Years
- Faculty, PGIMER (Post Graduate Institute for Medical Education and Research), Chandigarh. 2010 – 2012
- Consultant, Hepatobiliary, GI and Liver transplant Surgery, Ruby hall Clinic, Pune. 2012-2015
- Consultant, Hepatobiliary and Transplant Surgery, Jupiter Hospital, Pune. 2016 – 2017
- Advisory consultant, HPB, GI and Transplant surgery to various hospitals in Pune and Mumbai