Pune - Doctors
Dr. Bhavana Mangal
MBBS, MD (OBG), MRCOG, FRCOG
Senior Consultant - Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Dr Bhavana Mangal has wide and varied experience in Obstetrics and Gynecology by working in India and UK for past 20 years. She has completed her MD from KEM, Mumbai, India, in 2000 and worked at Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai for over a year in Preventive Oncology. She went to UK for further training, which she completed it in 2009 from Newcastle region.
She joined Hampshire Hospital in UK as a Specialist and worked for two and half years and consolidated her training. She has obtained the Advanced Training Skill Modules in Emergency Gynecology, Early Pregnancy Scanning, Uro-gynaecology, Colposcopy and Labor Ward Management from Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, London.
She has been working with Columbia Asia Hospital, Pune for the last 4 years after relocating. She has been elevated to Fellow of Royal college of Obstetrician and Gynecologist in September 2016.
She has also achieved by creating a mark like, becoming a Member of British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, serving as a Faculty of Basic Surgical Skills course, RCOG London and by doing Voluntary work at Uganda, Africa.
She is delighted to offer compassionate & high-quality care to the women needing support through their different phases of life. Having worked within a range of Public and Private Hospitals in India & United Kingdom, she strongly believes in practicing evidence-based medicine with a women-centered approach.
- Labor ward leadership and high-risk obstetrics
- High risk Pregnancy Management: Diabetes, High blood pressure, mental health, Growth restriction
- Preconception counselling clinic as part of the antenatal endocrine service
- Laparoscopic surgeries for benign gynecological problems as well emergency Gynecology
- Menstrual problems/ abnormal bleeding
- Female incontinence and prolapse surgery; Bladder problems; Pelvic pain and endometriosis
- Menopause problems and contraception
- Preventive oncology, Cervical screening and colposcopy
- Gynecological ultrasound and Early pregnancy problems and ultrasound
Total Experience: Around 20 years
- 3 Years in KEMH, Mumbai
- 2 years in Tata Memorial Hospital
- 2 years in Newham Hospital, London, UK
- 5 years in New Castle, UK
- 3 years in Hampshire Hospital, UK
- 5 years in Columbia Asia Hospital till date