Kolkata - Doctors
Dr. Suchir Maitra
M.B.B.S, DLO, DOHNS, MRCS
Consultant - ENT
Dr. Suchir Maitra is a successful ENT specialist at Columbia Asia Hospital in Kolkata. He is well-qualified with degrees attained form various renowned institutions. He has completed his M.B.B.S from Burdwan Medical College and has attained a Diploma in Laryngology & Otorhinology from Calcutta University. He has done his Diploma in Otolarynology & Head Neck Surgery and has also gone on to attain his MRCS from The Royal College of Surgeons of England. He has quality experience of over 19 years in the field and has earned good exposure for himself not only in India but also abroad. He has attained his Operative skills in Otology, Head & neck surgery and Emergency Surgery by having worked in a number of renowned Hospitals. He started his successful career with the post of a Resident Medical Officer at Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratisthan and has since then held posts varying from Medical Officer, Observer, Senior House Officer, Trust Doctor and Senior Trust Doctor.He has made a number of publications over the years which have been published in bot national as well as international journals, such as ‘Nasal Foreign body, An unusual presentation’.
- ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
- Bone Anchored Hearing Aid Implantation
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Endoscopic dacrocystorhinostomy
- Grommet insertion
- Excision of branchial cysts
- Thyroglossal cyst excision
- Excision of facial malignant lesion and reconstruction with local flaps
Total Experience: Over 19 years
- Medical Officer, ICCU. Ruby General Hospital, Calcutta, India.
- Post Graduate Trainee (DLO), Otolaryngology. Vivekananda Institute of Medical Sciences. IPGMER, Calcutta -India.
- Observer , Otolaryngology, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford,UK.
- Senior House Officer , Otolaryngology. The Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool,UK.
- Senior House Officer, Otolaryngology. Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford,UK.
- Trust Doctor . Otolaryngology. Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, Gloucester,UK
- Senior House Officer, Otolaryngology. Great Western Hospital, Swindon,UK
- Consultant Otolaryngologist, Mission of Mercy Hospital, Kolkata