Doddaballapur - Doctors
Dr. Nirupama Nagaraj
Dr. Nirupama Nagaraj is the Consultant Psychiatrist with the expertise to manage individuals in the out-patient and in-patient departments. She provides the patients the benefit of psychotherapy and anxiety management, she is also skilled to provide a psychiatric assessment of immune-compromised patients admitted to the hospital. She provides advice and counseling.
She closely monitors her patients, assessing and monitoring the effect of medicines and day to day progress. She liaises with other departments as required. She has been trained in relaxation techniques and exposure response prevention. She has additional training in child psychiatry and neurology from a premier psychiatry training institute in India. She is skilled to perform electroconvulsive therapy and aversion therapy.
Apart from this, she is keen on research, and therefore actively participates in conferences, journal reviews, and workshops. She is also involved in the training of students and junior doctors.
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Child psychiatry and neurology
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Aversion therapy
- Psychotherapy and anxiety management
- Psychiatric assessment of immune-compromised patients, treatment, and counseling
Total Experience: Over 13 Years
- Dr. Nirupama Nagaraj is the Consultant Psychiatrist for OP and IP at Columbia Asia Hospital.
- She has a private practice as a visiting consultant at local hospitals.
- She was a Senior Resident in psychiatry at MVJ Medical College from June 2008 to August 2011.
- She was associated with Vivekananda Memorial Hospital as Consultant Psychiatrist for a period of 1 year.
- She was trained in the UK and was the Senior House Office at Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Trust.
- Prior to this, she was the PG Resident in the Department of Psychiatry at Father Muller College, Mangalore from April 2002 to 2004.
- She was associated with Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology and Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health as Resident Doctor.