Ahmedabad - Doctors
Dr. Tanmay Vyas
Dr. Tanmay Vyas specializes in Hepatology at Columbia Asia Hospital in Ahmedabad. After completing his MD in Internal Medicine from Government Medical College Bhavnagar in 2011, he specialized further in the field of Hepatology and completed DM course under guidance of experts from Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS), New Delhi in 2016. He was trained there in transplant hepatology, Interventional hepatology, Critical Care Hepatology, hepato-radiology, hepato-pathology and translational hepatology apart from the routine and conventional clinical hepatology. He has done original clinical research work on Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) and also on Hepatic Encephalopathy in Acute on Chronic Liver Failure (ACLF). His special area of interest is NASH related cirrhosis, regression/reversal of early cirrhosis, management of critically ill cirrhotics, alcoholic hepatitis and fatty liver.
Dr. Tanmay has got awards and prizes for best oral/poster presentation in few of the international/national conferences he actively attended. He has also got few publications in esteemed journals. He is a member of Indian National Association of Study of Liver (INASL) as well as International Society for Hepatic Encephalopathy and Nitrogen Balance (ISHEN). He has been a visiting consultant hepatologist and runs Liver Clinics at various hospitals in Ahmedabad/Gujarat.
- NASH related cirrhosis
- Regression/reversal of early cirrhosis
- Management of critically ill cirrhotics, Alcoholic hepatitis, Fatty liver disease
- Transplant and Interventional Hepatology
- Critical Care Hepatology
- Hepato-radiology, Hepato-pathology
- Translational/research Hepatology
- Routine/Conventional Clinical Hepatology
Total Experience: Over 10 Years
- Dr. Tanmay Vyas has been associated with Columbia Asia Hospital, prior to which he was with the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi as Fellow DM in Hepatology.
- He was working at Kaizen Hospital, Ahmedabad as full-time Physician and ICU Incharge for a period of 1 year. He has also worked as Registrar in Cardiac ICU at HCG Medisurge Multispeciality Hospital, Siddhi-Vinayak Hospital, and Satyamev Hospital Ahmedabad.
- He has been involved in a study of 100 cases of Tuberculosis-HIV co-infection at ART Centre Bhavnagar from 2009 to 2011.
- He was associated with U N Mehta Cardiology Institute, International Kidney Disease & Research Institute, Gujarat Cancer Research Institute, Ahmedabad and Government Medical College, Bhavnagar.