Patiala - Endocrinology
The Department of Endocrinology at Columbia Asia Hospital – Patiala provides comprehensive services in the evaluation, diagnosis and management of all endocrinology disorders in adolescent and adult patients.
The multi-disciplinary team consists of endocrinologist, diabetes nurse educator and dietician. The department offers both inpatient and outpatient service and clinical facilities for every type of endocrine problem. The focus is primarily on outpatient management of endocrinal and metabolic diseases to prevent complications and hospital admissions. Patient awareness is a key area of importance to manage these diseases effectively.
The consultant endocrinologist has been trained in some of the premier institutes in the world. The team provides comprehensive care for adolescents and adults with diabetes and educates them regarding their disease. The endocrinologist is also experienced in evaluating and treating other endocrine disorders related to thyroid, adrenal and pituitary glands. The team provides specialised care for adults with metabolic bone disorders, obesity, menstrual, growth and pubertal disorders.
Treatments and procedures
- Management of pituitary and hypothalamic diseases
- Investigation and long term management of endocrine disorders
- Comprehensive management of diabetes mellitus
- Medical management of obesity and lipid disorders
- Management of metabolic bone disorders and osteoporosis, disorders of calcium and bone metabolism.
- Menstrual, growth and pubertal disorders.
- Disorders of sexual development and function
- Endocrine tumors