Palam Vihar - Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
The Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery(CTVS) at Columbia Asia Hospital – Palam Vihar offers a broad spectrum of the latest procedures in cardiovascular and thoracic surgery for adults and children. The surgeons in this department are highly qualified, experienced and are trained in reputed institutes. Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) is the most common procedure performed and a vast majority of these are Beating heart surgeries. This decreases the length of stay and complications for patients.
The department has the capability to perform Key Hole Surgeries in both adult and pediatric patients. The Department of CTVS is well supported by round the clock laboratory, blood bank, ICU, radiology, and emergency services to ensure patients receive highest level of care in a timely manner.
Treatments and Procedures
- Adult and pediatric cardiothoracic surgeries
- CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Graft)
- Reconstructive surgery for diffuse coronary artery disease
- Surgery for ischemic mitral regurgitation and post infarct ventricular septal defects
- Re-do heart surgery (for both valve and CABG operations)
- Dor procedure for left ventricular aneurysms (left ventricular reconstructive surgery).
- Valve repair and replacements
- Stent-less heart valve surgery
- Grown Up Congenital Heart (GUCH) operations
- Open heart surgery for complex and simple congenital heart defects
- Vascular surgery for Bentall and valve sparing operation for ascending aortic aneurysms with aortic valve disease.
- Minimally invasive surgeries for congenital atrial septal defect, aortic and mitral valve replacements
- Thoracic surgery