Mysore - Neurology
Department of Neurology at Columbia Asia Hospital - Mysore offers round the clock, comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic neurology services. The Neurology team is highly qualified, experienced and manage patients as per internationally accepted, evidence based protocols. The team handles regular outpatient neurological problems as well as neurological emergencies like acute ischemic strokes, intracranial bleeds (traumatic and non- traumatic), neuromuscular emergencies, neuro-infections and status epilepticus.
The neurology consultant are the leaders of the stroke team that also comprises of radiologists, neurosurgeons trained in acute stroke care. The procedures offered are intravenous, intra-arterial and mechanical thrombolysis, decompressive craniectomy for large infarcts, evacuation of the intracerebral clots.
The department of neurology is supported by well equipped intensive care unit facilities like invasive intra cranial pressure monitoring and bedside Electro Encephalo Gram (EEG) monitoring for managing critically ill patients with neurological illnesses. Neurologists are experienced to administer botulinum toxin injections in various movement disorders and spasticity.
Treatments and Procedures
- Diagnosis and management of various seizure disorders
- Neurophysiology service: EEG, and sleep study
- Management of neuromuscular disorders, peripheral neuropathies, chronic pain, neuro-infections and sleep disorders
- Management and treatment of stroke
- Comprehensive neuro rehabilitation including physiotherapy
- Management of dementia including Alzheimer’s disease
- Thrombolysis with tissue plasminogen activator (TPA)