Mysore - Critical Care Medicine
Columbia Asia Hospital – Mysore provides critical care services round the clock with a team of highly qualified, skilled and experienced intensivists and nurses. The plan of care for the patient is prepared in consensus with the admitting specialist, the patient and the family. Periodic multi-disciplinary briefings of the patients’ family regarding the condition of the patient are done.
The Critical Care Team practices evidence based medicine and follows international protocols. Infection control protocols to prevent healthcare associated infections (HCAI) like ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP), catheter related blood stream infection (CRBSI) and catheter associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI) are followed rigorously.
The ICU provides retrieval services to patients from other hospitals that do not have similar facilities. It involves transporting critically ill patients from other healthcare facilities in a well-equipped ambulance with a team including an intensivist and an ICU nurse.
Treatments and Procedures
- Continuous monitoring for critically ill or injured patients
- Life support measures for patients with multi organ failure
- Post-operative care to transplant patients, critically ill, surgical patients
- Noninvasive and invasive ventilation
- Dialysis, percutaneous tracheostomies, chest drain insertions and fibreoptic bronchoscopies
- Emergency ultrasounds scans and ECHO
- Retrieval services
Tags: Critical Care Medicine, ICU, NICU, Dialysis, Life Support, Columbia Asia Hospital - Mysore