Prevention of Cancer of the Breast
The incidence of breast cancer in India is now at par with its western counterparts. The good news is, if detected early, the cure rate is high. Advances in technology in chemotherapy and radiology have helped in detecting breast cancer early and treating it effectively.
How can you prevent breast cancer?
We have a few tips for you to follow on a daily basis to try and prevent breast cancer from developing in your body. Keep in mind the kind of lifestyle you lead plays a huge role in your health and is key to prevention of cancer.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages. If you do consume them, try and limit them to one drink a day.
- Exercise daily for about 30 to 60 minutes.
- Keep a check on your weight. Ensure that you are neither under nor over weight for your age and height.
- Eat healthy and avoid junk food. Preserved and junk foods contain chemicals, additives and preservatives that have cancer-causing properties.
- Smoking is a huge reason for cancerous cells formation. Avoid smoking and if you do, try and take steps to quit.
- Learn how to do a breast self-examination to detect a lump
- Annual mammogram screening after 30 is a must for those who are high risk.
Tags: Breast Cancer , Prevent Breast Cancer , Cancerous Cells , Cancer , Chemotherapy , Radiology , Smoking , Healthy , Health , Weight , Exercise